As a participant in LEAD, you will have the opportunity to meet other people in similar positions across the country to share experiences and knowledge. We hope that you will gain some new skills, learn from each other, and have a bit of fun. We look forward to meeting you and working with you.
- All LEAD programs take place in Charlottesville, Virginia at the Darden Business School. Class size can range from 20-40.
- If for some reason you are not able to attend the LEAD program after being accepted, please consult the cancellation policy.
- The LEAD program fee is $5,200 for 2023 and $5,500 for 2024. The fee includes lodging, most meals, and instructional materials. A 10% discount is available for members of the Virginia Institute of Government. Payment in full is due one month before the start of the program.
INFORMATION YOU WILL RECEIVE WELL IN ADVANCE OF YOUR PROGRAM START DATE
After you receive an email welcoming you to a LEAD program, you will receive the following information:
- Materials to help you plan your visit, including hotel and parking information; details on getting to Charlottesville whether it is by plane, train, bus or car; and recommendations for places to visit while you are here.
- Detailed program schedule that includes meeting times and places and options for getting to the program location at the UVA Darden Business School (a bus is provided for those who do not have a car or would rather not drive).
- Additional information about meals, evening opportunities/activities, and other details, like meeting etiquette, and recommendations for getting the most out of the LEAD experience.
- Information regarding health and safety guidelines from UVA and the CDC.